The anaerobic digestion process
Solarfotonica follows the design, construction, management and control of anaerobic digestion plants for the production of electricity, biomethane and heat.
Anaerobic digestion consists in the fermentation of biomasses of various origins by metanigen and hydrogenotrophic bacteria under anaerobic conditions, transforming them into biogas and then electricity and heat through cogeneration and/or biomethane by means of upgrading plants.
The natural biological process of anaerobic digestion maximizes:
- The energy recovery
- Stabilization of process solids.
- Revenues from sale of electricity and valorisation of heat;
- Revenues from sale of biometan;
- Savings on disposal of residues (reduced quantity);
- Nutrient removal and recovery from digestate;
- Reduced odour emissions from digestate compared to raw material;
- Improving of digestate characteristic to use it as a fertiliezer;
- Digestate stability;
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions;
- Valorisation of organic waste and waste with reduction of disposal costs.
Viale Italia, 3 – 35020 Ponte San Nicolò (PD)
Phone: (+39) 049.870.40.31